Indian Environment Network

Paryavaran.com-Gateway to Indian Environment Market

Dear all,

This year i am facing difficuly in taking the importance of earth hour into public. The only repeated answer is there is already a notified power cut of 2-4 hours a day and non-notified power cut of another 2 hours. so why should we voluntarily participate in this program. Moreover the exams of our children are going on and how can we participate as we don't know when the power will go off.

The situation of power shortage is reaching its own height. what's your experience

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Raghav,

It’s good to know that many people have supported Earth Hour in the past, although it’s a bit disturbing to know that now you are facing a problem in sustaining this support.  Firstly, as you said its examination time, I suggest timing of intervention should be planned in a way so that most people can participate in the program. Participatory approach should be followed in deciding timings of the intervention.

Secondly, rather than just talking about saving electricity for some time, I suggest different strategy to motivate people should be involved such as taking lead to curb climate change, setting a positive example for future generation, giving a helping hand to shape future of Earth etc.

Because it’s not just about saving resources (at least not in a forced manner by a notified power cut of 2-4 hours a day and non-notified power cut of another 2 hours… where you can’t do anything about it) but, raising awareness so that people are voluntarily saving power even without a power cut. I have been a part of project to motivate school children to save electricity by using various developmental communication aids and following a strategic approach.

Hoping amazing community support to this Earth Hour as well

Regards

Hi,
i read all the above points, the point i am not getting is why people are staying away from such event. a friend of mine has also conducted a small survey regarding this and the points came up were quiet shocking, people being aware of the fact are saying no.....

i am pasting the link hope it would help us in understanding the matter and soon we will be able to cope with this difficulty
 http://www.facebook.com/notes/prakriti/earth-hour-where-we-are-lack...

This funny.People fail to understand yet

Dr b n das

yes........ in-spite of all awareness and teachings they hesitate to take a step forward

Mr. Raghav told us about the problems of people living in area prone to electricity cuts and shortages, in the survey taken it is the people living in posh south delhi area getting 24*7 electricity still can't miss out one hour .......pathetic condition, the conscience is still not awaken in such (educated)people. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Paryavaran.com -online webportal to network and do business and philanthropy with Indian Environment Organizations and Professionals

Notes

Network of Indian Environment Professionals LLC

Created by Chandra Kishore Feb 5, 2010 at 3:22pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Jan 20, 2020.

Notes Home

Created by Chandra Kishore Oct 5, 2009 at 3:19pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Apr 29, 2011.

© 2024   Created by Chandra Kishore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service