Indian Environment Network

Paryavaran.com-Gateway to Indian Environment Market

Dear All

Does Anyone has idea about how to prepare Risk Register of OHSAS 18001 ? Is there any specific guidelines for this? What to do about Legal Aspects in Risk Register?

If any one has sample copy of OHSAS 18001 manual ,plz provide as a Ref. copy. Also brief how to prepare OHSAS 18001  Manual ?

Regards

Bhargav Joshi

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hai, There is no specific ISO standard for prepare risk register.

There is an British standard called BS 8800. you use as one the guideline. The legal aspects has to be considered as significant/intolerable risk.

For further clarifications you can contact me thorugh mail sbabuu@hotmail.com

Dear Mr.Joshi,

I am a Lead Auditor performing audits for ISO 9001/14001 & OHSAS 18001 disciplines. See you can prepare the manual basing on the organization scale of activties and risks involved in manufacturing products, services (in it and processes using the standard itself under the subject matter.
basically the risks shallcover without fail:
a) Occupational health related hazards
b) Electrical safety hazards
c) Material handling hazards
d) process/ operations related hazards
e) Lifting tackles
f) Emergency requirements
g) Concenrs of interested parties
i) applicable legal and other requirements
j) if any per guideline document of OHSAS 18001:2008 guideline document.

Bring already you are a consultant for ISO 14001 standard , the basic requirements are the same other than participation and consultation and incident investigation issues.

Basically, you must do the risk assessment inline with sector OH&S requirements and its key monitoring parameters.

Pardon risk assessment in the internet you can find so many methodologies as one methodology is not specific enough. Its all the prioritization of risks and their mitigation controls in the organization, which need demonstration for effective control.

For clarifications if any you may contact me at murthy_mulpur@rediffmail.com.

M V Narayanamurthy
ISO 9001/14001/22000 & OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor

Dear Joshi

As Mr.Murthy sed you can do one more thing to improve your risk assesment excersise, starting with BASE RISK which is to be considered as with no safety or use of any method of risk prevention and make a scale of 1 to 10 with the safety procedurs in place and available resorces etc and prepare a list of tolarable and un-tolarables risks with significance levels( as perceived by your organisation and circumstances prevailing in your organisation.) 1 being least 10 being highest and anything above 7 is very significant and you need to take these risks more seroiusly.

M.Vijay Kumar

IMS lead auditor

You will get both templates for risk assessment and also examples from google-search for safety risk assessment.

Model manuals may also be available or else any ISO 9001 manual if available can be modified to meet OHSAS 18001 since the standards are compatible.

Dear Mr. Bhargav,

Greetings !!! I am working as a Lead Auditor for IMS (EMS/QMS/OHSAS)

Risk register preperation is quite a tedious job. Just list out the activities of an organization under certification and compare it with clause 4.3.1 in OHSAS 18001:2007. This clause gives a good clue how to sence potential risks. Just go through each element in the clause and you may cover amost all the risks. However pl remember that risk identifiation and its rating is a life time activity.  Any changes in the organiztional operations would make it mandatory to identify the risks involved and upgradation / up-dating of risk register. Some of these would be "Significant" and others insignoficant.

You may search in Google for this. Legalr equirements applicable to the organization would be readily available from the Legal department. Regarding manual, it is mostly the confidential property of the organization and thus may not be available. Also since the risks related to each industry might be different, it would be wise to generate own manual rather than copy.

In case any more explanation is needed write me to Sanpat1964@rediffmail.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Paryavaran.com -online webportal to network and do business and philanthropy with Indian Environment Organizations and Professionals

Notes

Network of Indian Environment Professionals LLC

Created by Chandra Kishore Feb 5, 2010 at 3:22pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Jan 20, 2020.

Notes Home

Created by Chandra Kishore Oct 5, 2009 at 3:19pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Apr 29, 2011.

© 2024   Created by Chandra Kishore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service