Indian Environment Network

Paryavaran.com-Gateway to Indian Environment Market

Hello, can  anybody thorow light on optimum requirement to decide the nos. of samples for ground water ananlysis.Is there any IS/guidlines, which suggests minimum distance between two sampling point of gorund water sampling/analysis, particularly when target area is coastal.I understand that it is depend on teh purpose of monitoring, but still how one can decide the nos. of samples and what will be grid of sampling points, i.e nos. of samples per sq.meter..is that?

Thanks in advance..

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you can do scattered sampling

depending upon the depth of ground water u get, you can choose nearby scattered sampling and more nos like with in 1km 5-6 water samples. or ggo for area wise sampling

1.First of all... do the Reconnassiance Survey of your study area,

2.Evaluate the Ground water Depth, Try to find out the Gelogical formation kind of Rock formation in your study area whether,Metamorphic, Igneous or Sedimentary Rock and especially evaluate Fractures if any in the rocks which leads to ground water pollution.

Kind of Slope,Drainage Pattern 

3. Fluctuations in Ground water level,seasonal variations past reports 

3A .The area which you have selected try to make it into 3 parts namely upstream middle stream and   Downstream depending on slope and drainage pattern. 

4.Fix the parameters: 

Physical,(pH,Temp,TDS,Turbidity,Conductivity)

Chemical,(Alkalinity,Hardness,Chloride,Sulphate,Phosphate,Nitrate,Sodium and Potassium)

Bacteriological,(Total and Feacal Coliforms)

Nutrient and Demand parameter's (Total Kjeldhal's Nitrogen,DO,COD,BOD),Heavy Metals and Fluoride depending on your Aim and Objective of Sampling ...

regards,

Amit 

As far as Coastal area is Concerned make your area into scale make a centre of area into your Map and Mark it into Square kilo meters encompassing  your aims and objective 

Thanks Amitji, thats true.BUt, in coastal area, where GW depth is 2 to 5 meter, it is difficult to judge the location for availability of GW. Can you please, advise of source of sample, means it should be collected from nearby wells or drilling at specific location for purpose?and , if drilling is there, then what shall be minimum distance between two bore drill?my purpose of monitoring is to check contamination to GW due to storage of dry bulk. HOw can i justify teh coverage of sampling & nos.of samples to concenred auditing authorities?

Thanks in advance..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Paryavaran.com -online webportal to network and do business and philanthropy with Indian Environment Organizations and Professionals

Notes

Network of Indian Environment Professionals LLC

Created by Chandra Kishore Feb 5, 2010 at 3:22pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Jan 20, 2020.

Notes Home

Created by Chandra Kishore Oct 5, 2009 at 3:19pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Apr 29, 2011.

© 2024   Created by Chandra Kishore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service