Indian Environment Network

Paryavaran.com-Gateway to Indian Environment Market

Environmental Consideration for Pipeline Project in Monsoon

I am writing for the purpose of further information about environmental considerations in pipeline project in particular during monsoon, as seasons may have potential impact with both the bio-physical and socio-economic features within construction areas.

In general practice following measures will be implemented;

• Soil Erosion and Sediment Control;
  • Dewatering of trench onto stable vegetated surface or into constructed containment ponds and water discharge preventive measures, etc.

I am looking more typically programs are to be undertaken during monsoon or any examples/lesson learnt from past projects, or came across with any saturated conditions.  

I would be thankful for any information that you can provide me. Thank you very much in advance for helping me on this matter

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vikram:

I just saw an email on this and was wondering what you are referring in regard to the pipeline project in the monsoon .............. is this pipeline project about extracting natural gas ............... are you talking about a pipeline to "frack" natural gas? Please do let me know what you are referring to..............

Deearthed soil must be hauled atleast a meter away from the dug trench...

temporary pattis shud me laid to withstand the loose soil during pipe laying...

Hi Vikram,

A lot of experience has been gained in managing soil erosion on construction sites. You may have seen an Australian publication on this issue, referred locally as the 'Blue Book' (see below for link). Such measures as:

• minimising the amount of areas opened up and exposed at any one time
  • Burying and rehabilitating trench lines as soon as possible
  • Taking extra care when working on steep sites
  • Boring under creeks/river instead of trenching accross, etc

Dealing with a lot of water in wet weather conditions is not easy. It has been the case in northern Australia, depending upon location and access, some projects are stopped in the 'wet' season and recommenced after the 'wet' because dealing with the boggy conditions may be counter-productive.

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Best wishes.

Mark Sabolch

http://www.landcom.com.au/news/publications-and-programs/the-blue-b... 

Dear Rita,

I am asking about Pipeline Construction ...laying of pipeline ..underground..for Oil as well as NG.

rgds,

Rita Dixit Kubiak said:

Vikram:

I just saw an email on this and was wondering what you are referring in regard to the pipeline project in the monsoon .............. is this pipeline project about extracting natural gas ............... are you talking about a pipeline to "frack" natural gas? Please do let me know what you are referring to..............

Thank you Mr. Sharath

Sharath Manohar Rao said:

Deearthed soil must be hauled atleast a meter away from the dug trench...

temporary pattis shud me laid to withstand the loose soil during pipe laying...

Many thank Mark. this is interesting to me. 

Mark Sabolch said:

Hi Vikram,

A lot of experience has been gained in managing soil erosion on construction sites. You may have seen an Australian publication on this issue, referred locally as the 'Blue Book' (see below for link). Such measures as:

• minimising the amount of areas opened up and exposed at any one time
  • Burying and rehabilitating trench lines as soon as possible
  • Taking extra care when working on steep sites
  • Boring under creeks/river instead of trenching accross, etc

Dealing with a lot of water in wet weather conditions is not easy. It has been the case in northern Australia, depending upon location and access, some projects are stopped in the 'wet' season and recommenced after the 'wet' because dealing with the boggy conditions may be counter-productive.

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Best wishes.

Mark Sabolch

http://www.landcom.com.au/news/publications-and-programs/the-blue-b... 

Could you kindly clarify : what "pipeline project" are you referencing? What will the pipeline carry? From where to where? Oil and gas pipelines have a global record of failure and deadly, toxic spills, most of all right here, in the USA, heart and soul of the fossil fuel world pushers.

In any and every case, we dont need fossil fuel energy pipelines; we need solar and wind power for the most part and other locally available, locally manageable renewable energy sources.

Looking forward to learning more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Paryavaran.com -online webportal to network and do business and philanthropy with Indian Environment Organizations and Professionals

Notes

Network of Indian Environment Professionals LLC

Created by Chandra Kishore Feb 5, 2010 at 3:22pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Jan 20, 2020.

Notes Home

Created by Chandra Kishore Oct 5, 2009 at 3:19pm. Last updated by Chandra Kishore Apr 29, 2011.

© 2024   Created by Chandra Kishore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service